- Brand is a LOGO- Often we confuse brand with its logo or with a personality.
Look at these logos-
What comes to your mind after looking at each one of them? The thoughts that cross your mind after looking at the logos is what those brand stand for based on your experiences, biases and understanding. Logo is merely a visual representation; it differentiates the identity of brands from each other.
- Branding is a ONE time initiative- Most of the times people think that changing the logo, redoing the website is branding and it can be done once in a blue moon. But no, there is much more needed and it is a continuous process. A brand always builds over time, it will never happen overnight.
- Customers don’t care about it- Branding is not what we do for ourselves; it is what we do for the customers. Our image matters in the eyes of the customer. Imagine getting a faded and torn packet of lays, will you buy it? That is what branding is. Wrapping ourselves in a wrapper which appeals to the customer.
- Branding is Pricey- Well yes, branding is a pricey affair if you wait for something wrong to happen and then opt for branding. That surely is a waste of time, money and loss of reputation. If in the first place branding is given prime importance from the day a company is set up there won’t arise any need to throw away huge bucks.
- Branding is being who you’re not- The mindset people have about branding is that one has to pretend being who he/she is not. But no, that is not how branding works. Branding doesn’t mean wearing a veil of falseness. The most important principle of branding is- be you. Nobody accepts a perfectly perfect human being and branding is well aware of this fact! Branding is just projecting your image in the right way. You do not want people to think who you’re no
- Only beginners require branding- Yes! Many of us think that after attaining a certain amount of success or reaching a certain point in life you don’t require branding. You’re mistaken. 77% B2B marketing leaders say that Branding is critical to growth. Branding is helpful at all levels. If a beginner, it helps in rapid growth and if successful it helps you to stay on that pedestal.